Job ads are still placed in magazines and newspapers, some employers hire on the university job fairs. That’s not the way the majority of companies recruit professionals today.
The high competition for skilled workers transforms the recruiting. Today, the recruiting process involves analyzing big amounts of data to find the best fit for a position. Both internal recruiters and talent search agencies use the Internet and various web-based tools to search for candidates and hire them.
What is e-recruitment?
E-recruitment, or online recruitment, is the process of attracting, recruiting, and retaining candidates for vacant job positions using web-based technology. Companies may choose to utilize the elements of e-recruitment in-house or employ recruitment agencies that mastered e-recruitment. Check this out!
E-recruiting is used at the searching/ sourcing stage.
- Job boards. Almost half of the applicants come from job boards. You can source candidates by posting an open position on the job board or by mining resumes. The cost of posting vacancies on popular job boards is higher (e.g., $249 per month for one job on Monster and $375 on CareerBuilder) than that on smaller niche or local job boards. But the latter can be even more efficient. For example, Ukrainian job board jobs.dna325.com charges only $10 but works great for candidates in Eastern Europe.
- Career Websites. They attract about 30% of applicants. Also, they are important to maintain employer branding. While you save on job posting, you still have to invest in the career site. Bigger companies benefit from their career websites more.
- Internal databases of potential candidates. It is especially important for IT recruiting because the amount of top talents in the tech and the digital job market is limited. Using databases reduces search time and allows filling in unexpected openings. DNA325 agency has 80 000+ candidate database
- Social media recruiting. It allows recruiters to connect directly with both active and passive job seekers. Forming the professional communities and engaging specialists through sharing useful information and communication can draw the attention of the candidates you wouldn’t reach with other methods. Paid ads on social media can be very efficient too. In this article, you can get expert advice on how to recruit top talents using Facebook. In fact, you have to apply social media marketing for successful e-recruiting.
Consider that different social media platforms are popular among different age groups and in different countries. For example, in Western Europe, Telegram channels are popular. If you create a community of active members, as one on NonTech Jobs in IT channel, you can share vacancies on a channel and get high-quality applicants.
Other e-recruiting elements help make further process more efficient.
- Applicant tracking. AT systems automate the recruitment process, reduces time-to-hire qualified candidates.
- Online assessment and testings. Multiple e-recruiting tools allow saving time and resources assessing the job applicants’ skills, knowledge, attitudes, before a phone screening or in-person interview. Still, e-recruiting means can’t completely replace traditional interviews.
3 + 1 steps of e-recruitment
- Attracting the candidates. This step involves drawing the attention of as many applicants as possible. Usually, the organization’s reputation, employer brand, product image play an important role.
- Sorting applicants. In e-recruiting, preliminary sorting can be done with the help of search filters, online tests, video interviews, etc. Though, you can’t test the soft skills without involving human recruiters, and, still, technical interviews conducted by live experts are often desirable.
- Contacting the candidates promptly. An organization can communicate with suitable candidates quickly – which increases not only chances to hire them but also the risks to lose them to another employer. The recruitment team often has to work aggressively to be effective. Automated hiring management systems can be very helpful here.
The fourth step doesn’t belong exclusively to e-recruitment.
- Closing the deal – getting the job offer signed. Generally, it includes meeting in person. For remote workers, this step can be completed online.
Pros and cons of e-recruitment methods vs traditional recruitment
- Time-saving. The job posting process is quicker than that in traditional recruiting. The screening is also much more efficient. Recruiters can use a variety of tools, from simple filters to AI-powered tech to find the best matches.
- A wider pool of candidates. Using traditional recruiting methods, you can reach only the audience of the media where you place your ad, be it newspapers, radio or TV. Posting a position on job boards, social media, etc. makes it available to many more people.
- Wide geographical coverage. This advantage is getting more and more important with the increasing number of companies who hire remote workers. E-recruiting allows finding the employees from any part of the world.
- Digital advertisement. Paid Facebook ads or banner ads are an effective part of e-recruiting, attracting even those potential employees who weren’t looking for a job or weren’t considering a certain company.
- Cost-effectiveness. Taking into account the audience size, it’s cheaper to post job advertisements on the Internet than placing them in the traditional media.
- More responses mean more unsuitable candidates and more work to filter them;
- It won’t work for senior positions because of a smaller pool of prospective candidates;
DNA325 agency combines online and offline recruiting
DNA325 is a team of experts using both e-recruitment and relevant traditional recruitment methods. We connect tech, creative & digital specialists from Ukraine & CIS with global companies and startups.
DNA325 job board and social media community of more than 100 000 active candidates makes it possible to hire top talents quickly. We also conduct good old offline interviews to test soft skills and tech abilities (we have tech experts in the team to do this).
Additionally to expertise in e-recruiting, DNA325 provides offline services. We are a trusted partner in establishing an R&D center in Eastern Europe. We help with:
- Company registration,
- Labor law compliance,
- HR management,
- Operational Support.
E-recruiting methods are essential for hiring relevant candidates in the modern world, especially for tech and digital positions. But traditional recruiting still works in some spheres. For example, online testing and AI-based assessment still can’t replace interviews conducted by humans.
DNA325 agency uses both online recruitment and traditional ways to reach the goals of its partners fast and obtain the best results.