Back in 2016, Techcrunch published a truly prophetic article titled “Edtech is the new Fintech” , which drew attention of the global investment community to the field of educational technologies. The title of the article caused a flurry of discussions on the future prospects of the global education market.
The 2020 coronacrisis finally cemented Edtech’s status as one of the fastest growing innovation industries. The global EdTech market is expected to grow from $85.8 billion in 2020 to $181.3 billion by 2025, and the global online education market has reached $212 billion. According to forecasts by Technavio, which monitors the online education market, in the period 2020-2024, it will grow by $247.46 billion.
In the new reality the requirements for education are changing – in the modern world it should become more flexible, accessible and applied in order to help countries, companies and people to maximize the use of human capital.
Based on market analysis, we formulated online education trends in 2020:
- Focus on innovation
- Using BIG DATA to assess knowledge
- Wider application of artificial intelligence
- Increase in the number of free training programs
- The emergence of online courses in new and highly niche disciplines
- Internships and employment as part of an online course
- Personalization of education
According to these criteria, we have selected our TOP 20 Ukrainian E-Learning projects: