Our team managed to participate in the 50th-anniversary forum. The forum lasted much longer – two weeks – the first few days were devoted to the discussion of “Problems of the Future” and the main theme was “Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World.”
When strategy leads, success follows.
Most enterprises try to find a balance between profit and social goals. A Deloitte study found that 4 out of 10 respondents focused on social issues because it was a priority for investors. In an effort to keep up with the pace of technological change, leaders are also aware of the need to foster a lifelong learning culture, equipping people with the skills necessary for future success. And thanks to pressure from young activists, industry leaders have expressed concern about climate change and a lack of resources.
This year, the meeting really turned green thanks to numerous speeches and studies on the threat of climate change and what businesses should do with it, but despite this, the PricewaterhouseCoopers poll showed that only 24% of C-levels were “extremely concerned” about climate change.
Industry 4.0: a new form of capitalism appears to be affecting a more global group of stakeholders and changing the impact on society.
- ☑ Smart Manufacturing: all giants are developing their solution on internet-connected machinery to monitor the production process.
- ☑ Industrial internet of things (IIoT): a strong focus on machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, big data, and machine learning. The IIoT encompasses industrial applications, including robotics, medical devices, and software-defined production processes.
- ☑ Customer-centric business model: Consumer needs, preferences, and requirements are now driving this communication between brand and customer. Advanced technology will play a greater role in this use of personalization, as more brands are set to invest in AI tools and algorithms which can support personalization.
- ☑ Anything as a service: a model that allows companies and consumers to sign up for products, tools, and tech solutions online. Everything highly-individualized, data-driven, and primarily relationship-based. It is a game-changer for small businesses.
- ☑ Ecosystem: Partnership and the unique ecosystem of major tech brands make common customers in the middle of their union.
Everyone has the same image of the world, in the center of which are common customers. The main plan for technology corporations is a unique ecosystem and partnership of technology brands under the slogan: “How to do it together and how to speed it up”
Our company, like many others, is looking for answers to a number of questions that can help cope with the new challenges of industry 4.0.
What are our goals and mission? Who are our stakeholders and who really benefits from our success?
We have no doubt that for every business, the answers to these questions will become the defining feature of 21st-century corporate leadership.